Solveigh in Latin-America

Thursday, July 20, 2006

nights

I'm strongly reminded of Africa: at 6.30 it gets pitch dark in no time!!!! At the same time a strong wind comes up and the temperature drops what feels like 20°C!
Same thing in the morning: You might wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning but it could be midnight just as well. Well, I guess you can estimate what time it is by listening to the noise generated by the city...
What do we do in the evening: Well we're constantly reminded not to leave the accomodation-site after 10pm. "It is not a safe neighbourhood". However, there is the traditional "Night Café" where you can enjoy talking to people and making new friends! I love it! As we would only get back from the conference-site at around 10.30, it usually gets pretty late! (yesterday it took me something like 2 hours to get from the Night Café into my sleeping-bag ;p)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home