Solveigh in Latin-America

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Fragen meiner besorgten Mama ;p

Wie sind die temperaturen nachts? Ist der schlafsack o.k.?
Oh man, the weather is special here!!!!! During the day you really wanna watch out not to get burnt by the sun, at night however, it get's so f****** cold that I actually sleep in my big red jacket (yeah, the very one that I did not expect to need before reaching Bolivia...). I don't even want to think of what would have happened if I had taken the other sleeping bag!!!! However, I took the mat for nothing: we were provided with enough matrasses and blankets by the military!!! However, who knows when I can use it...

Wie werdet ihr verpflegt? Helfen alle mit, continental breakfast?
We have to get up at six o'clock in the morning in order to catch one of the shuttle busses that take us from the accomodation to the conference-site which is were we get our 3meals/day... Breakfast is the same every day: Br´tchen, butter, cheese or jam. Lunch and dinner vary from day to day. It's all vegetarian and I like it a lot. We get a desert at lunchtime and dinner tends to be some soup. I guess the food we get is Brazilian -after all I couldn't tell you what it is...
I am in the kitchen team. However, I decided to help only once a day... (I got a nice and orange t-shirt as everyone helping, the t-shirt is nice, the colour doesn't suite me though :( )
@mom:what is continental breakfast???

Hast du schon leute aus dornach getroffen oder den engländer vom letzten jahr?
Jups, I've met some people from the last conferences and I know most of the organizers anyway... (thanks for asking about Daniel -no, he's not here... nor is his sister...). But I made friends with the people the minute I met them anyway... I am really happy to have met so many new people!!!! The conference is incredibly international: Some from the USA and Canada, quite a lot from Argentinia, Ireland and Australia. Many Germans and Swiss people. And quite a number of South Americans -Brazilians in particular, also some Bolivians...

Wie ist der zugriff zum internet?
We are soooooo lucky to have this University site (Senac)!!!!!! There are numerous computer-rooms. The one I'm using now has about 150 computers with FREE INTERNET!!!!!!! (and it is only the y and the z wich are the "wrong" way round -and I think I'll get used to that soon...)

Zur tagung wirst du sicher im blog berichten….
Viele liebe grüsse, nun wieder über outlook, von deienr mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home