notes leaving Sao Paulo
today i left Sao Paulo. should I put down some things everyone who has been to this place will have noticed?-the helicopters -apparently, Sao Paulo has the second largest helicopter-traffic in the world. It is the rich and/or important people that don't have time to cue up in the traffic...
-the colourful trees especially the bright yellow and bright pink ones! But also the violet (ehm, the other kind of pink, I mean) and the blue ones. Today, I spent some time reading about Brazil. It seems that I am lucky as theses trees only bloom in Aug/Sept.
-people walking on the streets -something I hadn't been able to understand until a Brazilian friend pointed out to me that there are no sidewalks -let alone bridges for pedestrians to cross the streets (not even the main roads...)
-the fires lit along the streets by the people that live under the bridges (I already told you, after sunset it gets pitchdark and icecold)
-no heating-systems as temperatures are never lower than bearable.
-the funny showers where the water is heated up by some spinning something just before it pours down onto your body (the ones that didn't work at the Connectivity-Accomodation ;p)
-the bins for the toilet-paper
-the Brazilian way of driving (within the two weeks of our workcamp two cars were crushed)
-the fences and walls around the houses and the iron bars in front of the windows
-the security men in their telephonebox-like huts and those on bikes opening the gate of your house for your at night.
-the many dogs behind every fence
-the favelas grouping around huge Hilton-,Samsung- and Siemens-skyscrapers
-the men pulling huge wooden carriages with waste alongside the streets.
-the excellent juices, the coconuts, the red popcorn, the corn, the calorie-intensive foodstuffs sold along the streets.

1 Comments:
Bin froh mal was von Sao Paolo selbst zu hören, wenn man schon keine Bilder auf deiner Homepage findet. Ich find es toll, dass es dir so toll gefällt. Joachim gefällt es auch sehr gut. Viel Spass demnächst
Post a Comment
<< Home